• Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

    I'M OFFICIAL - But Only Until Thursday

    I've posted my address for the mission home in Salt Lake. I arrived on Temple Square June 10th. I like to think that I'm good with regards to responding to mail, so I'd love to hear from you (and some of you owe me, haha)! Packages and Letters much appreciated and welcome!! If visiting, I'll be in the main visitor's center for the first 6 weeks starting in june and then anywhere else on Temple Square after that. Make sure you stop and say hi. I'm a relatively nice person.

    No Time to Say Hello, Goodbye


    Dear Friends and Family,

    Wow! I was kind of overwhelmed with the emails, haha. Sad thing is that today was the day my comp and I decided to try and better follow mission rules and keep it to a half hour long. Sorry! but I will send forth letters to those of you whose address I have. to the rest! I still love you and if you will send your mailing address to my mom I can send you off a nice handwritten letter that is unlikely to be readable. I try though!

    So I'll keep this quick and good (not that anyone was in doubt that it would be good...). First of all, the story that sticks out most in my head is this:

    Yesterday we were talking (contacting) to people outside of the Tabernacle. There was a chinese man standing there in a blue baseball cap. We sauntered over to him, in the most inconspicuous way (so that he wouldn't think we actually WANTED to talk to him, but rather bumped into him), and asked him how he was. He said he was good. We asked him if he had been inside the tabernacle before...it was open if he wanted to see. He kind of started muttering at us and yet TO us that "first she wants me in then she tells me to come out...now back in again...." Sister Kwok and I just kind of looked at him and each other, not really knowing what to say. He turned to us and said "Sometimes you need to learn to ignore orders."

    I kind of snickered but both Sis Kwok and I kept our composures. Then an asian woman popped her head out of the tabernacle door and motioned to her husband to come in. We, naturally, looked at him smiled and walked away. We had a good laugh once he was inside the tabernacle. So so good (which is Temple Square lingo for basically Everything! Everything is "soooo good!" it's insane and, try as I might, I've started to say it!!).

    Besides that we've had some good days and some slow days; some hot days and some rainy days. Oh! I know! Well, I missed having fireworks and barbecues for the fourth but it was still a great day. Who knows if there were fireworks?

    But I did meet an amazing person named Evan who actually graduated from PSU! What's so amazing is that he came onto the square and just seemed to want to know EVERYTHING! We were able to take him over to the sisters that were giving a tour but we told him about the book of mormon and he just seemed so prepared to hear what we had to say. He said that at PSU he had been a part of the Christan Crusaders and I was able to talk to the sisters after their tour and they said that he knew he had come to Temple Square for a reason; he had been put on 24 hr layover and he knew it wasn't a coincidence that he came. It was awesome! I love to see people like that!

    I'm still working on being better as a missionary. It's so easy to just talk to people about their hometowns, about yellowstone, and just life in general but being able to talk about the gospel in a way that truly relates to them and communicates how important it is for each and everyone is difficult and it hurts when they don't want anything more. You kind of pour your soul out and become attached to the people here really easily and then see them walk away not knowing the joy that is to be had, that's just within reach. It hurts and I think we all can relate to that. But we move on and really embrace moments when people like Evan or the tour that we were able to take with 5 guys from India who all wanted to learn more. It feels good :)

    Anyway, I better go. Time's up. The pictures attached are of my district at the MTC (minus the district leader) and of me and my comp with a worker at the This is The Place park (our Zone conference).

    Love you all!!!

    Sister Hulet


    Read More 0 comments | Posted by Momma H. edit post

    0 comments



    Post a Comment

    Newer Post Older Post Home

    Sister Hulet

    SOON TO BE HOME SISTER HULET

    Sister Hulet will be arriving at the State College airport on October 27, 2010 at 4:00 p.m.
    Thursday she will officially be release as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.
    WELL DONE, SISTER HULET

    ...........................

    ...........................

    To send an email

    You can email me at:

    sisterhulet@myldsmail.net


    To write a letter or send a package:

    I'm now on Temple Square - send letters and goodies to:

    Sister Julie Hulet
    Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
    50 N West Temple St Rm BSVC
    Salt Lake City, UT
    84150-1006

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2010 (22)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  July (1)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  March (2)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ▼  2009 (26)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (3)
      • ▼  July (5)
        • WHEN I UP, DOWN TOUCH THE GROUND
        • Another Chance Meeting on Temple Square
        • My Name is Enrico Pellini....
        • OF COURSE WE TALK, DON'T EVERYBODY?
        • No Time to Say Hello, Goodbye
      • ►  June (6)
      • ►  May (3)




    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Sister Hulet's Mission. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top