So never fear, the swine flu hasn't beaten us (at least not the Temple Square sisters) yet and we're out of the MTC on time (which just as a side note sometimes people refer to the MTC as just "MTC" and reminds me of buster from arrested development and "Army"...kind of makes me smile a little bit each time someone says it. "they're my awards...from MTC" [becky, I hope that at least you get it and sorry to everyone else that doesn't....])
It's become a little harsher ruled here regarding handshakes and physical contact as in, there is none. And the Everett, WA missionaries from my district might be here for a good while because those elders keep getting sick. And the poor missionaries don't really have much scheduled for them to do because the teachers have new districts that keep coming in and not as many leaving. It's pretty interesting. I'm hoping they'll gain a little more focus and keep studying.
We had our first teaching appointment as VC sisters last night. I was paired up with a sister that's going to Honolulu VC and was delayed because of the swine flu so she's basically pro. We worked well together. And it wasn't to rough having to transition from exhibit to exhibit. I did my normal smooth segue from FHE (family night, essentially) and the blessing of the gospel to families right to Joseph smith, the First vision and missionary work. Oh yes.
I got to go to the RC again and I had a really good conversation with the guy I had spoke to before. I felt good when I talked to him so Ithink it went well. I realized as I was studying with him in mind and thinking of the other people whom I contact in the RC and I realized that I tried to explain the blessing of the gospel apart from the blessing of the atonement and leaving out the main part of the message that it's in our works that we receive blessings not just in learning. It's our desire to learn and act on commandments from the Lord that lifts us higher in the gospel.
Anyway, needless to say, I'm still learning a lot and still need to learn a lot. I'm trying to be better about just being the best that I can right now and accepting that it won't be perfect. We've talked about the principle of grace and how God makes up the difference in our shortcomings and weaknesses with regard to His work with sharing the gospel or in church service or in marriages or in relationships or in everything. It's just a matter of giving it up to Him. Chalk it up to Faith and reliance on the Lord. that's what it is. So yeah, I'm trying to be better.
I hope all is well with everyone. I have letters being sent out to all of you who have written. I still need addresses for becky/buddy and ryan holland. Thanks for everything!! It's great to hear from you all and I wish you all the best!
Love, Sister Hulet (or droolet for the fam)
P.S. Jen I need you to add a guy on facebook for me : albertobob@yahoo.com I think. His name is Jeff Taylor (he's the one from the RC). Also can I get Brad's address? I feel bad because I didn't give him my address or anything and I want to see how he's doing.
P.P.S. Chelsea, so...I saw Reid the other day and angela and his wedding is post-poned?? What? Also your wedding pic? How are plans going? When is the official date??

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's funny the blog title is Sister Kelly.
JULIE!!! Thanks for the update! I am so glad you are doing well! I have your next letter in the workings... so no worries! :) I'm so glad you have a blog. That makes me a very happy girl! Love you! - Jill