to begin I would like to share an answering machine I got while working in the Referral Center:
"It's me!! Ah know it's you! So leave me a message!!"
It might be because we've been in the MTC so long and because I do an AMAZING southern accent, but my district laughed at it and probably gave me false confidence in the humor of it. So....yeah.
Ok, another week at the MTC. I would first like to address the swine flu. Yes there was a break out of flu here at the MTC where 3(?) case were actual swine flu and the other 11 were flu flu and all those missionaries are currently quarantined. No missionaries flew (haha, flu) out yesterday ( I had a friend that has been here twelve weeks and almost had her ticket in hand when they told them they weren't allowed to leave). It wasn't me.
Anyway, we're all to be here until June 15th ( I was supposed to leave on the 10th so I don't know what will happen, exactly). That's pretty much all I know besides the fact that we're not allowed to touch anyone; no handshakes, hugs, fist pounds, elbow bumps, high fives, etc.
ok, next: I start visitors center training this week and I'm pretty psyched. It's sad because I go from my awesome district to a bunch of girls (who I am sure are very nice...), but the training rooms and stuff look pretty sweet. Saturday we get to go to Temple Square for four hours and tag along with one of the sister missionaries there.
Oh, btw. Just in case you were concerned, my cough is just about gone and I feel fine so I'm in no danger.
We had some great speakers this past week talking about bearing out testimonies about Christ and the power it gives to us. One quote that really stuck out to me was that Elder Callister said that if we wanted to be more like our Father in Heaven we need to bear testimony of Christ and His atonement because, in the scriptures, everytime Heavenly Father appears it is testifying of His Son.
Also RC experience. I've talked to this guy named Jeff a couple times. It's really interesting because he's an aesthetic humanist and believes in "goodness for goodness' sake" and doesn't believe in God and is not a fan of religion. However, I've had some really good talks about religion in general. What's sad is that I can't really emphasize the importance of the Atonement and the blessing of the gospel in lives because he doesn't believe in God and is pretty content with life at the moment. He believes that after this life we just go to nothingness and he's ok with that. So...because the gospel is such an individual thing and it's really all dependant one's desire to know truth, I think I'm going to challenge him to read the book of mormon and pray about it. Otherwise, it's cool to talk to him about life,etc. but as a missionary I need to focus on those that actually want to come unto Christ. It makes me sad because I enjoy talking with him and sharing views yet knowing that he's not going to find the gospel until he wants to. Ah well.
I don't really know what else to write. I'm great. having fun but trying to work hard. Thanks for all the letters!! they seriously are a blessing. It's funny to see that the world goes on outside of the MTC. I'll see about sending pictures next time; I forgot my cord today.
Anyway, be good! the world needs good people and also, think of those around you with whom you might share the gospel with. People need the truth, they just don't know where to find it (that's a scripture. not my own wisdom unfortunately, haha). Feed the missionaries and help them out. We need it.
Love
Sister Hulet
P.S. Family? I still haven't heard from jen and kent.

Post a Comment