September 28, 2010
Hey family/friends/whoever-actually-reads-these,
We've seen some random miracles happen: we took a tour with this girl from CA. She had just a short time and we tried to show her what we could. She wasn't really religious but she had some friends that are LDS. We told her about temples and prophets and authority and shared how all of the buildings had come to be (because of the pioneers, right?) and I didn't really expect a lot when we asked if she'd want more information through missionaries and she accepted! And she wrote down her friend's name and number for us to call to see if she'd be interested as well! It was crazy!
Then there was this man from FL who had a lot of questions. Sometimes he'd throw out the question and then, before we had time to answer, he'd already have moved on. He was taking pictures the entire time and listening in between that. We taught him very briefly and had a good conversation with him as well. At the end, we talked about the BoM and how it was the reason why the church members came out here: they had received an answer that it was true and knew that Joseph Smith had been the prophet to restore Christ's church. We told him how that was something we believed today and it was a personal answer/promise that is available to all of us; that we can pray to know the truth. We asked him what his thoughts were on it and how he felt about it and he said "Well, I'd like to learn more about this church." So we told him that he could have the missionaries to come and teach him more and he said "that would be great". It was so amazing!
I think the biggest thing I've learned from this week is, once again, it's nothing that we do as missionaries; all of us are just little pawns in God's grand scheme. I feel very privileged to be a part of it.
Funny thing with S. corrales: she doesn't really know a lot of the words to songs in english and she was trying to sing "Be Still My Soul" all the while singing "Please take my soul" haha. I let it go one day but then told her about it the next day when she kept singing the same thing. hahaha. She said "Oh!! this makes much sense; the elders always laughed when I sang in MTC" haha.
Next thing: Dad and Mom, I met a girl named Natalie Riker who was in the same stake (originally same ward) as Uncle Les and Aunt Ginger. She said she knew them and said to see if they knew the Rikers and remembered Natalie, the youngest.
Rando: who is your ZL? someone wanted me to ask...I don't remember who that is though. oh wait, now I do. Let me know.
Did I tell you that instead of having a "chat" zone they now have two "teaching" zones where the sisters still teach over chat but also teach people they meet here on the square. so cool! Btw, one of the people we taught is getting baptized!
Ok. that's all. sounds like everything is really busy but going well for all of you. Mom, tell S. Wu that the sisters here are no longer able to write sisters that are outbound; president wants them to maintain singleness of heart and mind.
love, sister hulet

Post a Comment