• Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

    I'M OFFICIAL - But Only Until Thursday

    I've posted my address for the mission home in Salt Lake. I arrived on Temple Square June 10th. I like to think that I'm good with regards to responding to mail, so I'd love to hear from you (and some of you owe me, haha)! Packages and Letters much appreciated and welcome!! If visiting, I'll be in the main visitor's center for the first 6 weeks starting in june and then anywhere else on Temple Square after that. Make sure you stop and say hi. I'm a relatively nice person.

    I have the ocean in my bathroom...so...

    September 9, 2010

    I have the ocean in my bathroom...so...

    First email:

    Hello family

    I apparently have to evacuate this building...so......later

    love, hulet

    Second email:

    Oh hey....I'm back. So no emergency. We all just exited the building and came back.

    So.....this week has continued to be great. We've continued to teach our three pretty solid investigators: Larry, Morgan and William. It's nice because they're all truly sincere and searching for truth. We sent their information to the local missionaries (Larry was sent just last weekend) so hopefully contact will be made so that they can continue learning from missionaries there. Larry has continued to progress but he struggles with the idea of a prophet. We feel like he gets much opposition from his wife's family but he really wants to keep learning and has come to the conclusion that it is either "true or completely made up". We've told him several times that that is exactly why the Book of Mormon is important. Because without the BoM, we have no religion; however, because it is true everything falls into place. So it's a focus on prayer and finding truth from God. So we've encouraged him to continue to read the BoM because some of the points that didn't sit well with him were because he hasn't really read too far into it and the Book of Mormon really speaks for itself (I have to remind myself of that regularly...).

    William is doing great!! He's almost 100 % positive that he wants to join the church and he knows that this is the right decision (he started to pray about it long before we started to talk to him). He feels a little nervous because he already told his good friend (who is the preacher at his parrish) that he has decided to join this church and he was unsettled by it, but he knows it is the right decision. He said that he's already given up alcohol, coffee, and tea (he drinks herbal now...) and he just started his stop smoking program today. He had already cut back a lot and he wants to be "clean" of cigarettes when he attends church this sunday. He'll hopefully be able to make contact with the missionaries then and, unfortunately, we'll have to cut out our phone contact/lessons after that. It was funny last time because I asked him, in the context of his decision to quit cigarettes the next day, if there was anything we can do to help (ie phone contact, email, etc....I know there isn't much....) and he went off on a big speech of how appreciative he was for what we had done and how we had helped him, etc., as if we were leaving him then and there. so we had a good laugh and told him that we wouldn't cut out until he'd made contact with the missionaries. Then I asked if there was anything we could do to help with his quitting smoking and he was like "What? What could you both do??" and I timidly offered email/short phone contact again, but he laughed and said it was ok. Ah well. I've had a good amount of stupid moments this week.

    Morgan is still good. Really busy though and still hasn't been able to meet with the missionaries. However, we're hoping to help her get some contact with them before transfers (we find out on monday...) so that she (and actually all of our current investigators) can make contact with the missionaries and be good to go. I really really hope it will work out though. She's a lot of fun. She's 22 as well so we are able to have a good laugh and learn more from the scriptures whenever we talk.

    All is well. I tried and prayed that I might feel differently about being in the chat zone and I do really like it. I love being able to teach our investigators and even though I get really impatient with people we're talking to, I realize that we're just wading through a lot of nonsense to find people that are sincerely interested. We just picked up a guy that is studying biophysics in school that has been really good about reading the BoM and wanting to find answers. So we'll see how that goes. I do love it though. It was just a bit of a rough patch for me. I know that what we share can change people's lives; that the knowledge of family and strengthening those relationships through living the gospel is something that can help anyone's situation. That Jesus Christ offers the greatest happiness and hope as He extends His truth and His loving hand to all of us. We just have to invite them.

    Anyway, I get to watch a movie with the Zone today and then we're going Art Masterpiece mini-golfing (or putt-putt-ing in Moseng Texan terms...haha last night she was trying to get me excited and was like "Hulet!! PUTT-PUTT!" and the first thing I thought of was a little cartoon car swirling around in time....haha not quite the effect she wanted. I might have just stayed silent and wondered if that's what she was intending to talk about)

    Love, Sister Hulet

    Read More 0 comments | Posted by Momma H. edit post

    0 comments



    Post a Comment

    Newer Post Older Post Home

    Sister Hulet

    SOON TO BE HOME SISTER HULET

    Sister Hulet will be arriving at the State College airport on October 27, 2010 at 4:00 p.m.
    Thursday she will officially be release as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.
    WELL DONE, SISTER HULET

    ...........................

    ...........................

    To send an email

    You can email me at:

    sisterhulet@myldsmail.net


    To write a letter or send a package:

    I'm now on Temple Square - send letters and goodies to:

    Sister Julie Hulet
    Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
    50 N West Temple St Rm BSVC
    Salt Lake City, UT
    84150-1006

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2010 (22)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ▼  September (3)
        • Where the deer and the antelope play. . . . .
        • Long Time, No Hear From Her
        • I have the ocean in my bathroom...so...
      • ►  July (1)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  March (2)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ►  2009 (26)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  August (3)
      • ►  July (5)
      • ►  June (6)
      • ►  May (3)




    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Sister Hulet's Mission. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top