This week has been good!! We found 5 new investigators. Yes three of them speak Russian and little English, hence it is WAAAY difficult to teach them but they like to feed us and are pretty excited about the Book of Mormon in English. (which, bytheway mom, I'm so proud of you!!). The other one could possibly believe mostly in martial arts-ish stuff and chi but it curious about it and he could also possibly smoke pot for medical purposes. ummm...yeah. Something something about his weight and he's up to 120 lbs from 100. Sweet. so, that should be an interesting challenge. But he doesn't seem to hate seeing us so that's a good sign.
Please ask me later to update you on the awful teaching situation we had. I fear that that story is best told in person. :) But that night to me was....like the big hot smelly place......Texas......:)
(and yes, I believe hell could be smelly) (and yes I can say that word because mom sent me a story about J. Golden Kimball and he said it in a different sense).
We did damage control with that investigator and THEN on Sunday we went over (on a whim which is funny that it always happens like that b/c we never think it is the right time for us to go which is exactly why we follow that prompting and go for it!) and it was awesome because we met with the woman and her husband and it went super well!! They both totally opened up to us and we were able to open the door to maybe teaching the husband so they can both support each other and get on this path together. It was way awesome. Bytheway, they are planning on moving to Puerto Rico and yes, I will go visit. I have an "anytime" "stay-with-us-for-free" invitation. I'm thinking....Christmas single-person and parents trip, eh mom and dad?? Dec 2012.
The rest of the week was really good. We had the first ever Taco Movie night where we had tacos and tempura-ed shrimp ("Tempura! Battered veg....") and guess who made the shrimp? Me. Then we watched Johnny Lingo. We're hoping it will be a good opportunity for the ward to relax and hang out together and an activity that they can bring their friends to. Every friday night at 6:00 pm. You're invited.
I think that's about it. I didn't get a chance to read the emails (no time....) but thanks for writing all of you! Good luck dad! ("Great job, I mean.......Great job,I mean.....")
One week til my bday!!!
love, sis hulet

Post a Comment