January 11, 2010
“Tonight I will guide your camel”
so this quote is from a book and I thought of it as I was reading the part of 1Nephi with Ishmael and his daughters (if that gives anyone a clue for what it is from). Haha, becky and I used to laugh at it all the time. I chuckled to myself when I thought of it last night. tee hee.
So this first week has been crazy. The first day of transfers was completely out of control: We had prayer meeting with our Zone to pass out planners, calendars, newsletters, etc. Then we all split to go contact on the square. Sis Pua and I, however, met briefly with the South DLs and then the assistants to discuss some business and then we went out to contact. We had to go take care of some things from Sis Pua's assignment last transfer (she was director over the
Then the rest of the day on Wednesday we had to take a sister to the airport, then pick three sisters up from the airport and return home only to grab dinner for a quick half an hour and then head over to Wal Mart with the trainees for their first shopping trip here. WE finally got dinner late that night around 9:00. So crazy!
Thursday was a bit better although we discovered more and more of what our responsibilities were. It's been really good and we have the support of absolutely amazing DLs this transfer and good, hard-working sisters in our Zone.
We've had really good contacts in the past week. WE took a tour of three with a couple from
We also had this great Asian couple, Francis Poon and wife, who were in a hurry but wanted to see a couple things on the square. Francis, apparently, had been to
Sis Pua: "Wow, you both really know a lot about this already!"
Poon: "No. I do."
We took him quickly inside the SVC and showed him the pictures of the temples in Hong Kong (where he is from); Tai Pei,
We then (last one) had a really good contact with a guy that was passing through on his way to CA. We got to tell him more about the Priesthood restoration (he was looking at the statues of Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery receiving the priesthoods) and he asked us questions about the plan of salvation. We told him, since he didn't have much time, that reps could visit him to share more about that and could bring him a BoM. He agreed and was on his way. So cool though! the people that have been coming have been SO prepared!!
I've learned a lot from Sis Pua. She has a great talent for explaining things clearly and also making the gospel real for people: showing how it can be APPLIED in their lives through her own personal experiences and also the experiences of the pioneers. It's amazing! I'm excited to be able to work with her. We also get to just joke back and forth and keep everything really light. It's so good. But when it comes down to it, we work hard and remember what we're here for.
We've been in training for DLs and ZLs almost every morning at 8 to know how to deal with different things and it's been really helpful to get everyone on the same page. We're just beginning to see what problems will need to be dealt with already, but it'll be good. The biggest thing will be helping to support the DLs and helping the 9 new sisters from the MTC to adjust.
Hope you all received my Christmas cards! Love,
sister Hulet

Post a Comment