• Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

    I'M OFFICIAL - But Only Until Thursday

    I've posted my address for the mission home in Salt Lake. I arrived on Temple Square June 10th. I like to think that I'm good with regards to responding to mail, so I'd love to hear from you (and some of you owe me, haha)! Packages and Letters much appreciated and welcome!! If visiting, I'll be in the main visitor's center for the first 6 weeks starting in june and then anywhere else on Temple Square after that. Make sure you stop and say hi. I'm a relatively nice person.

    ROY! INVINCIBLE!!!

    So ends the first week of the new (3rd) transfer. It's been amazing!! President has put into play a new schedule where we get to plan what we do (rather than have assignments every hour) and the tour schedules are such that we are at one of the gates and get to take "straightaway" tours; so we leave with the group that comes in whenever. It's amazing! And we keep SOOO busy! Sister Yang and I are seriously exhausted every day! But it's ok. Time has been passing quicker and quicker each transfer and the more I think about how great being on a mission is, the less I want to leave. It's amazing to be able to focus all our energy towards one goal and the prospect of leaving it behind and then having to worry about school, friends, work, and other nonsense is not that appealing.
    Congratulations to becky for finishing Jesus the Christ before me. Perhaps though...it's not about "spehd". :) haha, just kidding.
    So one of the first nights that sister yang and I were working together we greeted a couple that walked in pretty casually. We asked if they wanted a tour and they said they would prefer to just walk around. Sister Yang grabbed a map for them and then we started to walk with them. We were heading towards the Assembly Hall (first permanent chapel on T square) and they were talking about Tai Chi. Eventually it bridged to talking about the religion and how there are so many, etc. and we got to share with them all about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and then the Temple. It was great! We kind of tricked them into taking a short tour with us and we got to teach them! So great! Best of all, they will be having the missionaries come visit them when they return to england. So that was pretty much the highlight of my week.
    Otherwise, I learned (finally) how to say Pennsylvania in Mandarin. "Been-Joh!" and while Sister Yang would go around saying "Mah Chong!" all the time when she was happy or as a victory shout, she has switched to "Been-Joh!" Crazy asian. Her goal is to gain 10 pounds before conference to make her trainer (Mah Chong, who is coming for Gen. Conf.) happy. I would try and describe what she's like but it's hard when it's not in person.
    Also, Mandarin is "Johng-wehn" in mandarin and everytime Sis Yang calls for the mandarin speakers I think of Shanghai Noon. "John wayne? That's a horrible cowboy name!" Alas, who in the world has seen Shanghai Noon?

    Anyway, love to all of you! It's been a good week. And I hope school and work and play goes well! Oh and happy labor day! I was told why we celebrate labor day and it's not really the best reason for a holiday, but why complain about a day off in the normal world?
    Read More 0 comments | Posted by Momma H. edit post

    0 comments



    Post a Comment

    Newer Post Older Post Home

    Sister Hulet

    SOON TO BE HOME SISTER HULET

    Sister Hulet will be arriving at the State College airport on October 27, 2010 at 4:00 p.m.
    Thursday she will officially be release as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.
    WELL DONE, SISTER HULET

    ...........................

    ...........................

    To send an email

    You can email me at:

    sisterhulet@myldsmail.net


    To write a letter or send a package:

    I'm now on Temple Square - send letters and goodies to:

    Sister Julie Hulet
    Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission
    50 N West Temple St Rm BSVC
    Salt Lake City, UT
    84150-1006

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2010 (22)
      • ►  November (2)
      • ►  October (3)
      • ►  September (3)
      • ►  July (1)
      • ►  June (2)
      • ►  May (1)
      • ►  April (2)
      • ►  March (2)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ►  January (3)
    • ▼  2009 (26)
      • ►  December (1)
      • ►  November (3)
      • ►  October (2)
      • ▼  September (3)
        • These pictures go with the last post
        • Chee tsoh chien (bathroom...sorta phonetic)
        • ROY! INVINCIBLE!!!
      • ►  August (3)
      • ►  July (5)
      • ►  June (6)
      • ►  May (3)




    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Sister Hulet's Mission. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top