The thing that sticks out from this past week is that I met different clergy/ministers/pastors. Four to be exact, but compared to how many aren't of that persuasion, it was a lot. It's interesting sharing the information about Temple Square and the beliefs of the church to them because when people are devout in their faith (as evangelical leaders are) they close their mind to hearing about the beliefs of the church as more than just some other religion.
It's nice though because we all share the faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer, but from there it gets a little messy. I especially like how they will dismiss Joseph Smith and his experience and conspicuously look around to show their uninterest. soo nice. But they're always so nice and I have had some great discussions with them in which we've been able to clear up misconceptions about the beliefs of the church and things that they hear.
I did speak with a really nice and interesting man the other day who is Muslim but has investigated many beliefs of different churches and I got the impression that he practiced Islam but believed that we all need to find our own path, that faith that best fits with us, to lead us to God. I had previously known that there were similarities between Islam and the LDS church, but we pin-pointed those beliefs as we were talking. I offered to have missionaries visit him to discuss more of the church's beliefs but he declined and said that he felt that he was at the age where it was more about finding "intensity" of life; in remember God in everything he does.
My sister-in-law and her family (along with my nieces) came to visit me (bytheway, thanks for stopping by Elo; it was great to see you and the girls). No worries Hulet family, I am still annika's favorite (I know you were all concerned but I win yet again!).
I've hit my 3 month mark and I can't believe time has passed so quickly.
Good luck to those of you who are starting/in school. I hope you kick all the other kids' butts ("but I don't want to kick the other kids' butts"--movie anyone?) and for those who haven't written me: my love for you is waning.
Be good! If you want me to talk about something specific I'd love to know. I never have any idea what to talk about and I feel kind of bored saying much of the same thing every week.
Love Sister Hulet
(ten points to those who know the movie quote I put in the subject line)

Post a Comment